Québec Max - Summary
- Cost: $2 for 1 play (comprised of 3 selections)
- GRAND PRIZE (main draw): $2,000,000*
- Additional prizes (additional selection draw): 14 prizes worth $1,000,000*
- Draw frequency: Bi-weekly, every Tuesday and Friday
- Deadline for wagers: Tuesdays and Fridays at 10:30 p.m.
- ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE: 1 in 7.0 with 1 play
- ODDS OF WINNING THE GRAND PRIZE: 1 in 33,294,800 with 1 play
- Odds of winning a $1,000,000 prize: 1 in 2,378,200 with 1 play
- THEORETICAL PAYOFF RATE: 47%
- First draw: October 19, 2012
*The $2,000,000 Grand Prize and additional prizes of $1,000,000 are divisible
Each main draw is conducted as follows: Loto-Québec conducts a draw to determine at random 8 numbers among all numbers from 1 to 50. The first 7 numbers form the winning selection and the 8th number represents the bonus number.
Additional selection draw
After the main draw, 14 draws are conducted to determine 14 additional selections of 7 numbers each. Each additional selection draw is conducted as follows: Loto-Québec conducts a draw to determine at random 7 numbers among all numbers from 1 to 50 to form each winning additional selection.
Find out more about how draws are conducted.
How to play
- You may play online, using the mobile app or at a Loto-Québec retailer where you can pick your own numbers or opt for one or more selections randomly generated by Loto-Québec's computer.
- One play includes 3 selections of 7 numbers from 1 to 50.
- For the main draw, prizes can be won in 9 categories, i.e. 7/7, 6/7+Bonus, 6/7, 5/7+Bonus, 5/7, 4/7+Bonus, 4/7, 3/7+Bonus and 3/7. To win, you need to get, in a single selection, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 numbers identical to those of the winning selection. The bonus number, identified by the "+B" symbol, is only associated with the categories 6/7+B, 5/7+B, 4/7+B and 3/7+B. To win in these categories, a single selection must contain respectively, in addition to the bonus number, 6, 5, 4 or 3 numbers that are identical to those of the winning selection.
- For the additional selection draw, 14 prizes of $1 million, called "additional prizes," can be won. An additional selection comprising 7 numbers from 1 to 50 is drawn for each additional prize. To win an additional prize of $1,000,000, a single selection must contain all 7 numbers that are identical to those of a winning additional selection. Winning additional selections are not decomposable, and each additional prize is divisible.
- Québec Max is governed by the By-law respecting forecast contests and numbers games, published in the Gazette officielle du Québec, which includes limitations of liability.
- Choose Double Jeu Max to play Lotto Max and Québec Max simultaneously.
- Choose Super forfait to play Lotto Max, Québec Max, Lotto 6/49, Québec 49 and Grande Vie simultaneously.
- Choose Forfait lottos to play Lotto Max, Québec Max, Lotto 6/49 and Québec 49 simultaneously.
- You may play as a group online or at a retailer with Formule groupe.
- You may play combinations.
- You may purchase one or more plays valid for more than one draw.
- Extra is available with this game.
- The Replay option is also available with this game.
Prize structure and odds of winning
|Category||Prize||Odds of winning|
|7/7||$2,000,000 divisible||1 / 33,294,800|
|6/7+B||$100,000*||1 / 4,756,400|
|6/7||$1,000||1 / 113,248|
|5/7+B||$200||1 / 37,749|
|5/7||$100||1 / 1,841|
|4/7+B||$20||1 / 1,105|
|4/7||$10||1 / 82,9|
|3/7+B||$10||1 / 82,9|
|3/7||Free play||1 / 8.5|
|TOTAL||1 / 7.0|
|Additionnal selection draw|
|7/7||$1,000,000 divisible||1 / 2,378,200|
*The total amount payable for prizes in the 6/7+B category is limited to $700,000 per draw. If this limit is reached, the prize amounts will be determined in proportion to the number of winning selections in this category.
The bonus number is indicated with the “+B” symbol.