Now with draws every Tuesday and Friday!
Biggest jackpot in Quebec history!
A family from Montréal won $65,000,000.
A swell end to the season for this hockey team
All members of the hockey team were proudly donning their jerseys when they came to pick up their cheque.
Lotto Max - Summary
- Cost: $5 for 1 play (comprised of 3 selections)
- Minimum jackpot: $10,000,000, growing from draw to draw up to $70,000,000 if it is not won
- DRAW FREQUENCY: Bi-weekly, every Tuesday and Friday
- DEADLINE FOR WAGERS: Tuesdays and Fridays at 10:30 p.m.
- APPROXIMATE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE: 1 in 7.0 with 1 play
- APPROXIMATE ODDS OF WINNING THE jackpot: 1 in 33,294,800 with 1 play
- Theoretical PAYOFF RATE: 48%
- First draw: September 25, 2009
- CANADA-WIDE LOTTERY
Jackpot and Maxmillions
The jackpot starts at $10,000,000 and, if not won, grows by at least $5,000,000 per draw up to the maximum jackpot of $70,000,000.
Maxmillions (prizes of $1,000,000) are offered when the jackpot reaches $50,000,000. Notably, when the amount of the 7/7 pool for any given draw exceeds $50,000,000, it shall be capped at an amount set between $50,000,000 and $70,000,000 inclusive (the "7/7 pool cap"), and the excess is divided into additional prizes of $1,000,000 (Maxmillions). The difference is added to the 6/7+B pool.
For example: The advertised jackpot (the 7/7 pool cap) is set at $50,000,000. If the 7/7 pool reaches $52,214,000, on top of the $50,000,000 jackpot, two Maxmillions will be drawn. The remaining amount of $214,000 would be added to the 6/7+B pool.
If the $50M jackpot is not won, the Maxmillions that were not won are added to those of the next draw. Thus, if the 2 Maxmillions are not won, the offering could increase, for example, to $55M + 4 Maxmillions, then to $60M + 6 Maxmillions, then to $65M + 8 Maxmillions, and finally, to $70M + 10 Maxmillions. If the $50M jackpot is won, the Maxmillions that were not won are added to the jackpot pool for the next draw. The jackpot for that draw will then be $10,000,000 + the Maxmillions that were not won.
Additional selections drawn for Maxmillions prizes are not decomposable and each prize is shared amongst the winners.
Each main draw is conducted as follows: the ILC conducts a draw to determine at random 8 numbers among all numbers from 1 to 50. The first 7 numbers form the winning selection and the 8th number represents the bonus number.
In the event that Maxmillions are also offered, each Maxmillions draw is conducted as follows: the ILC conducts a draw to determine at random 7 numbers among all numbers from 1 to 50 to form each winning Maxmillions selection.
Find out more about how draws are conducted.
How to play
- You may play online, using the mobile app or at a Loto-Québec retailer where you can pick your own numbers or opt for selection(s) randomly generated by the Loto-Québec computer.
- One play is comprised of 3 selections of 7 numbers from 1 to 50.
- To win, you need to get, in a single selection, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 numbers identical to those of the winning selection. The bonus number, represented by the "+B" symbol, is associated with the categories 6/7+B, 5/7+B, 4/7+B and 3/7+B. To win in these categories, a single selection must contain respectively, in addition to the bonus number, 6, 5, 4 or 3 numbers identical to those of the winning selection.
- A selection is a winning selection of a Maxmillions prize if it contains all 7 numbers of a same single Maxmillions drawn selection.
- Lotto Max is governed by the Rules and Regulations respecting Lotteries and Lottery Tickets of the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation ("ILC"), which include limitations of liability.
- Choose Double Jeu Max to play Lotto Max and Québec Max simultaneously.
- Choose Forfait lottos to play Lotto Max, Québec Max, Lotto 6/49 and Québec 49 simultaneously.
- You may play as a group online or at a retailer with Formule groupe.
- You may play combinations.
- Extra is available with this game.
- You may purchase play(s) valid for more than one draw.
- The Replay option is also available with this game.
Prize structure and odds of winning
Lotto Max is a variable-prize game. Prizes are calculated according to sales and divided among the winners in each category.
|Category||Prize||Pools fund %**||Odds of winning|
|7/7||$47,493,142*||87.25%||1 / 33,294,800|
|6/7+B||$194,405*||2.50%||1 / 4,756,400|
|6/7||$4,629*||2.50%||1 / 113,248|
|5/7+B||$926*||1.50%||1 / 37,749|
|5/7||$105*||3.50%||1 / 1,841|
|4/7+B||$50*||2.75%||1 / 1,105|
|4/7||$20||Fixed prize||1 / 82.9|
|3/7+B||$20||Fixed prize||1 / 82.9|
|3/7||Free play||Fixed prize||1 / 8.5|
|Total||1 / 7.0|
**Pools fund: Total sum of prizes minus the sum of fixed prizes payable to winners of the 3/7, 3/7+B and 4/7 categories.
The bonus number is indicated with the "+B" symbol.